My favorite lunch place! The best sandwiches & pizza, and the desserts are wonderful. I love to eat & then browse all the adorable items for sale. Can’t beat the Goat! (Also, the staff is the absolute best!) –Yelp reviewer
Local eatery Mountain Goat Market has been named one of the top 100 restaurants in the country in Yelp’s 6th Annual Restaurant Review.
The list is comprised of eateries from across the US that were so highly ranked by users that they earned the status of “must try this year.” Mountain Goat Market came in at 51 out of the 100 highest ranked restaurants.
Here is what some Yelpers are saying about The Goat:
• I walked in and some adorable lady was selling daffodil bouquets. (Umm yeah I’ll take 20). It’s a gift shop/restaurant/coffee bar/goat gallery. I will say the gift shop part is very cute and trendy. It has the type of knick knacks that fill the void young people, dare I say millennials, don’t know they have in their lives. I don’t NEED bacon + egg socks, a Bob Ross mug or an Ellen DeGeneres refrigerator magnet……wait yes I do.
• I got a Cuban sandwich and sweet tea and they were bliss. I took some Oreo pie home to share (jk) for dessert and was not disappointed. I’m keeping tabs on their Instagram so I can go back and get a unicorn brownie.
• One of our absolute FAVORITE places! We always stop by for delicious meal when traveling over the mountain. We have never stopped at “peak” time and I was a little worried when we walked in about how crowded it was. But these guys rocked it. Our food was perfect and they had it out very quickly. If you want a great meal, this is your place! Super cute gift shop area as well. Thanks for always delivering the perfect food.
• If you are looking for that fresh food location to stop off the inter-state and have a great experience, this is it! Just minutes off the interstate for a delicious fresh food experience with some fun shopping while you wait for your food! Delicious sandwiches and salads. They have fresh coffee and indoor and outdoor seating. We brought our dog onto the patio. And I love love the little gifts and food items they carry in the store as well. I enjoyed the grilled turkey club with spinach and avocado and my husband had a chicken salad.
• The Mountain Goat Market is one of the best sandwich shops. Not only in the area but in all of the places I have been, from New England to California. The service and selection can not be beaten.
• Thank you Yelp! This place was the perfect place for my family to stop on our road trip. I enjoyed shopping the gifts and the kids enjoyed the porch swings and gated outdoor patio. The food was awesome. I had the chicken salad, hubby had the Cuban, and kids had the nutty monkey. I wish they had highchairs, but the baby enjoyed running around on the patio while we ate. It’s covered, so we sat out there even though it was raining. Rain was so peaceful on the metal roof.
• It would be a shame for you to miss out on an opportunity to eat at this place. This is the perfect fusion of hip and old country store, all rolled into one. My wife and I ordered two different pizzas, and they were the BEST pizzas we’ve ever had. I spoke to the cook as he was doing some cleanup close to closing time, and I was floored when he said they just started making the pizzas about 3 months ago. Wow, they certainly know what they’re doing!
• Great food, friendly people, great ambiance. I wish we had one of these places back home in Murfreesboro, TN (it would be packed with people all the time).
Congratulations to Mountain Goat Market owners Spencer and Eric Duncan and the entire Goat staff. Help keep The Goat love going by writing your own review of the restaurant on the Yelp website!