As your electric cooperative, we at Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative are stewards of critical infrastructure. Our number one priority is the safety, health and well-being of our members, employees and the greater community.
In response to growing concerns surrounding the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we must temporarily change the way we function:
• Effective Tuesday, March 17, all SVEC, SVECon-nect and SV Propane lobbies are CLOSED until further notice.
• Drive-thru windows will remain open during regular business hours.
• The Whitwell office is CLOSED until further notice.
• Our call centers will continue to answer calls 24/7;
• Our website, www.svalleyec.com, drop-boxes and the SVEC app for iPhone and Android are available 24/7.
• We will continue to respond to outages 24/7.
We recognize this event may cause financial hardship and we will be working with those in need to ease the burden and provide extra time for recovery. During this period of uncertainty, SVEC will not disconnect members for nonpayment of their electric bills and late fees will not be charged. As we transition back to normal in the coming months and the grace period ends, SVEC will offer payment arrangements to members who are behind on their electric bills as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are a 24/7/365 organization providing critical services. We have a detailed Emergency Response Plan in place to ensure readiness of business-critical functions should COVID-19 become prevalent in our service area.
Unfortunately, in times like these, scammers are targeting our customers. SVEC will never:
• Call and threaten disconnection;
• Demand immediate payment with a prepaid card;
• Show up at your home and request access indoors;
• Ask for sensitive data, such as banking information, through email or phone.
This is a fast-moving situation, and we recognize that many individuals and families have been hard hit by these events. As the situation evolves, we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our members, employees and communities.
We’re here to help. If you have questions about electric, broadband or propane service from SVEC, SVEConnect or SV Propane, call us 24/7/365 at (423) 837-8605.