Grundy County School Board posted its agenda for the April 12, 2018, meeting.
GCHS Honors Banquet budget line
Middle School Basketball Coaching positions
Overtime pay for non-salary personnel
FBLA overnight field trip
HOSA overnight field trip
According the TSBA Online Policy Manager, Policy 4.606 states the following:
- Students who have met all graduation requirements on the day of graduation and students who are within2 two (2) or fewer credits of meeting all requirements1 and can complete the requirements during the summer may participate in graduation activities. If extenuating circumstances exist at any school, the matter shall be presented to the board prior to graduation activities.
- Students are expected to participate in all graduation activities, and graduation apparel shall be determined by the administration of each school and shall be the personal expense of each student. Any fees required for graduation ceremonies shall be waived for students who are eligible to receive free or reduced price lunches, and in such cases, the school shall assume responsibility for payment of fees.2
- Graduation ceremonies shall be physically accessible to all students, their parent(s)/guardian(s), any other interested citizens.
- Students who do not wish to participate in graduation activities shall notify the school principal in writing at least five (5) days prior to the day of graduation. Non-participating students shall receive their diplomas or certificates from the principal’s office within one (1) week of the day of graduation.
- The ceremony and all activities included shall not be religious in nature. The content of any students’ speeches shall not reflect the endorsement, sponsorship, position, or expression of the school, employees, or board.
- Principals shall ensure that students graduating with distinction and state honors are recognized at graduation.
- Additionally, principals shall ensure that high school students who voluntarily complete at least ten (10) hours of community service each semester are recognized during the graduation ceremony.
Thursday, April 12: Workshop 5:00 pm; meeting 6:00 pm
Saturday, April 14: School Board Retreat 8:30 am
Tuesday, April 24: Special Called Meeting to Discuss Contract of Director of Schools 5:30 pm