It is open enrollment time. From now until February 15, 2015, people can enroll or change health insurance plans available through the Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplace. People who enrolled in the Affordable Care Act insurance plans through the Marketplace last year will NEED TO RE-ENROLL this year to keep the insurance. Some premium rates have increased, but there are new low-cost alternatives available. Residents must enroll by December 15, 2014 in order for coverage to begin on January 1, 2015.
The South Cumberland Plateau Health Network is partnering with the Medical Foundation of Chattanooga to provide in-person assistance with Open Enrollment for Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Plans. On Monday, December 15, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., certified Navigators and Application Counselors will be at the Grundy County Heritage Center, 465 Railroad Avenue, Tracy City.
Certified Navigators and Application Counselors will be onsite to help:
- Answer questions about eligibility and enrollment procedures
- Assist consumers with the enrollment process in the Marketplace
- Facilitate options for insurance premium reductions
Anyone enrolling must have the following information:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Numbers and birth dates for individuals in your household
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms
- Policy numbers for any current insurance coverage
- E-mail address – you will need to access your email account
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Nancy Ridge at 423-622-2872 or Jim Peterman at 931-598-1482.