College Goal Tennessee: Saturday, January 31, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the UTC University Center
High school and college students, parents and educators are encouraged to attend this free half-day college planning and financial aid workshop.
There will be free on-site assistance to help students fill out the federal FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) which all students must complete to be eligible for any federal or state financial assistance.
Also more than 20 workshops including:
- Financial Aid 101
- Essay Writing
- First Year Success at College
- How to Research like a Pro
- Navigating the College Admissions Process
- Navigating the NCAA & becoming a Division 1 Student-Athlete
- Resume, Professionalism & Interviewing
- Strategies for Applying to Highly Selective Colleges
- Succeeding Regardless of Color or Class
- Tips for Parents of New College Students
- What is an Honors Program & What can it do for me?
- Writing Recommendation Letters in 30 minutes
College Goal Tennessee is part of a nationwide “College Goal” initiative to encourage students in every state to complete the FAFSA.
Students, parents and educators can register at www.pefchattanooga.org/registerapply. Free breakfast and lunch are included.