Att: World War II, Korean War (Era) and Vietnam Veterans

Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm

If you did not receive your High School Diploma due to entry into the Armed Forces of the United States, you may now be awarded a High School Diploma by your local High School by the Tennessee State Law, Specifically Statute:  Tenn. Code Ann. 49- 2- 119.

This law allows for the awarding of High School Diplomas, to these honorable men and women, who stepped forward to serve their county in uniform. As per Mr. Stephen M. Smith, Assistant Commissioner, TN/ED, Policy and Legislation, at 615-741-1111, email

Veterans who fall into this category should immediately contact their local School Superintendent to register their name, and to request the awarding of a High School Diploma.

If I may be of further assistance to these Veterans, please contact Sergeant Major Larry E. Williams, United States Army/ Retired, at 931-924-3000 (home) or 931-224-3226 (cell) or email Available 24/7 for the military community!



Headlines of the Day